Books were my favorite therapy tool and I continue to use books with students as I determine AAC needs.
Today's treasure is Jessica Chase's wonderful book lists for speech and language therapy at her blog, Constantly Speaking.
Free or low cost places to obtain books:
- Free books at your school or public library.
- Find very cheap books at garage sales. When my children were young, I went to two or three neighborhood garage sales a year to stock up on books. These books belonged to my children, but Mom borrowed them frequently.
- Purchase from Scholastic Reading Club (formerly known as Scholastic Book Clubs) where a few good books are offered for only a dollar or two. New books in that low price range are added each month. Join Scholastic Reading Club and earn points for every purchase or find a teacher in your school that orders books to purchase your books as a part of her class.
- Free downloadable books at Tar Heel Reader.
- Find well over 200 popular books to read on-line at Pearson's Publishing We Give Books.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.